This collection contains every recording of Dr. Boyd we offer. The recordings are in MP3 format, and they are provided as a set of discs, both DVD and CD, containing the digital music files.
These files are compatible with iPods, iPhones, iPads and other MP3 players.
The set includes the following:
- Just Added: 1988 - 1992 Sermons: 166 Sermons
- 1993 - 2007 Sermons: 626 Sermons
- Summer 2000 - 2007 include not only the sermon, but also the full service*.
- Three Lenten Series of Lectures given by Dr. Boyd:
- 2002: "Ground Zero Faith"
- 2003: "Marks of a Christian Mind"
- 2004: "Catching God's Breath"
- The choir's collected recordings "Singing Our Songs of God".
- The 10th Anniversary Series on audio CD. These two services are also included as MP3s, but the CDs were specially produced for the 10th Anniversary of the church, and make a nice gift or keepsake.
- A copy of Dr. Boyd's book, "Why Doesn't God Do Things Perfectly?"
Ordered separately, these items would total $5592.
The MP3 player itself is not included in the collection, but I will order any iPod you wish and pre-load it for you (and add the cost of the iPod to your purchase), or you can send me an iPod (or iPhone) you have purchased, so long as it is currently empty. Please note that the collection is large - a minimum of 21 gigabytes is required to load all of it.
All recordings of sermons prior to summer of 2000 were digitally remastered from the master cassettes for optimal sound quality. Those recorded after the summer of 2000 were recorded digitally from the start and so were not in need of restoration.
You have the option to pay for the collection by credit card with 12 monthly payments of $306.25. Should you choose this option, the iPod will be shipped once the first payment is processed. The website cannot process the transaction this way, so you must call to purchase using this option.
Also, items purchased through the website can be deducted from the price of the series, for a total discount of up to 50% of the purchase price of the series. For example, if you have purchased MP3 downloads, one at a time, of 250 sermons, the $1250 you spent would be applied to the $3675 cost of the collection, so you would pay $2425. This applies only to purchases made via the website.
* Full service recordings rarely include the prelude, often do not include the postlude, and never include the announcements. These parts of the service are excluded as necessary to allow the recording to fit on the CD.